River City Wrestling
RCWC is an independent (non-school associated) club affiliated with USA Wrestling and the Indiana State Wrestling Association. The River City mission is to impart a love of the sport of wrestling and to develop wrestlers for competition at all levels of wrestling. We believe that cooperation and collaboration are winning combinations for improving the wrestling profile of the Greater Lafayette area, its surrounding regions, and the state of Indiana; we welcome all individuals interested in becoming better wrestlers to come and train with River City athletes and so become stronger together. In order to support this, our coaching staff offers both developmental and competitive programs year-round, in all major styles:
- Instruction for beginning wrestlers focusing upon the basic skills that are building blocks of all wrestling techniques; the focus for this group is upon practicing these skills in a fun and relaxed environment that promotes learning and love of wrestling; (typically grades K-3rd)
- Instruction for intermediate wrestlers focusing upon developing fundamental technique and in developing successful strategies during situational wrestling that will lead to future success both on and off the wrestling mat; this group begins to see the challenges of competitive training and is encouraged to occasionally compete in outside events; (typically grades 3rd-5th)
- Instruction for advanced wrestlers focusing upon techniques and training that will provide RCWC wrestlers an advantage in both scholastic and amateur competitions; position, tempo, and scoring are our focus as we train and we encourage our wrestlers to compete regularly at outside events; (typically grades 4th-12th)
- RCWC promotes female participation in the sport of wrestling and invites all females interested in wrestling to join; RCWC is a proud sponsor of Indiana Girls Wrestling and offers regular girls-only practices;
- RCWC hosts an ISWA Regional Training Center throughout the Spring (March-June) and our own RTC year-round;
- RCWC sponsors individual participation and teams in the Pee Wee, Intermediate, Novice, Schoolboy/girl, Cadet, and Junior USAW age ddivisions for amateur competition in ISWA and USAW events; RCWC periodically hosts duals for its beginner and intermediate wrestlers.